Location: NMCRS Headquarters
The Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society (NMCRS) has an opening for a full-time (40 hours/week) Staff Accountant at their Arlington, VA Headquarters. Under the supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, the Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining proper accounting records by accurately and effectively classifying, preparing, recording and verifying financial data. The Staff Accountant needs to have the ability to work under deadlines and within the constraints of the typical accounting cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts, researching variances and making adjusting entries as needed between bank accounts, general ledger and internal accounting software.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close including recognizing prepaids, recurring entries, reclassifications and accruals.
- Provides assistance with annual financial audits, both internal and external.
- Performing monthly/quarterly/annual general ledger closing processes
- Prepare/review monthly financial analysis and reports.
- Various AD HOC reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Accounting or Finance.
- Two (2) years’ Staff Accountant experience, and at least one year experience working in a nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency in Accounting Software – GP Dynamics preferred.
- Above average Word, Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
- Preferred Experience with accounting for investments and investment transactions.
Starting salary for this position is $27.38 per hour plus comprehensive benefits package. Interested parties visit, Headquarters – Staff Accountant, to access the online application for this posting. The closing date for this opportunity is Friday, February 2, 2018.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have prior experience with the Society as a volunteer or employee. Although we acknowledge receipt of all applications, only those selected for interviews will receive additional notification. Visit NMCRS on the web at www.nmcrs.org. E.O.E.