Quick Assist Loans
Need funds today?
You may be eligible for a Quick Assist Loan (QAL) for an emergency financial situation. There’s no application fee and no appointment required. Active duty Sailors and Marines must apply in person and the process takes about 20 minutes. If eligible, you may receive a check for an interest-free loan for any amount up to $500. The QAL must be paid back within 10 months.
Qualifying for a loan
If your financial need is greater than $500, or if you have received 5 QALs during your career, you are no longer eligible for our QAL. However, active duty service members are always eligible for our traditional financial assistance - which includes free budget counseling and education to determine the amount of financial assistance needed and a customized repayment plan.
To apply for a Quick Assist Loan, you must:
- Be on active duty in the USN or USMC
- Have enough time left on your contract to repay the interest-free loan
- Have no unpaid or outstanding interest-free loans from the Society
- Have no disciplinary actions in the past six months (or pending) that impact your pay or rank
Applying for a loan
To apply for a QAL:
- Locate your nearest Society office.
- Print and complete an application form (PDF).
- Bring your competed form to your nearest Society office. Or visit your nearest Society office and complete the form in our waiting area.
- Bring your active duty ID card and your most recent Leave and Earnings Statement (LES).
- If your application is approved, walk out with a check.